[Users] Claws Mail 3.12.0 for Windows unleashed!!

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Jul 20 14:05:40 CEST 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:41:05 +0200
Andrej Kacian wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:30:15 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Installed with a complaint about libksba8.dll (couldn't write I
> > think) so had to ignore the error.
> >
> > Seems to run fine, not sure what that file is part of.
>
> Maybe your antivirus blocked the write? There's no reason this file
> should cause problems, it is one of few dozen library files installed
> in the same way.
>
> It libksba is a support library for GnuPG, needed for access to X.509
> (S/MIME) certificates, so if you are not using that feature, you can
> ignore it.

I got the usual mention of the installer attempting to shut down a
DirMngr instance, but it seems to have failed to do that. I closed the
dirmngr process myself and copied the dll into the Program Files tree, I
also did the same for libnettle-6-1.dll as for some reason it hadn't
installed either.

Just thought I'd mention it.

I've still got some older dlls in the directory, leftovers from
previous versions I think. Not sure whether I can delete them or not,
or maybe just some of them.

--

Brian Morrison