[Users] several newbie questions

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sun Jul 5 00:46:58 CEST 2015

I have Claws 3.9.3 on Ubuntu 14.04. Generally speaking it does what I
want unobtrusively and quickly, very nice.

When I type the first part of a person's name or address in a new
message destination field I try to use tab completion to get the rest
of the details filled in for me. It seems to me that I have three
address collections and that two are not searched for autocompletion.
The three listed are 1) personal addresses, 2) inbox addresses, 3)
common addresses. It seems that only common addresses get searched. Can
I change this so that the search scope is broadened to include all
three? I would really prefer to have only one address book which would
provide the search DB.

I have the default view that shows menus at the top, folders on the
left and subject lines on the upper left with body text showing below.
I'd like the body text to show when I mouse over the subject lines
above, can I change a setting to do this?

If I open the address book from the tools menu I don't see any way to
search the book. The buttons are new, delete, edit and close. The menu
items don't seem to provide any way to do a search. Can this be done?
and how?

Thanks,

Dave

--

We live in a very special time right now. At no other time in history
has there been such mass disillusionment in terms of reliance on

-- Frank Zappa