[Users] reply-to-list annoyance (was Re: Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....)

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat Jan 31 22:39:27 CET 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:42:03 -0800,
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

Ian> My plan is to show a dialog box saying "This may not be what you
Ian> want, proceed?" , continue as before if the answer is yes, and bail
Ian> out otherwise.

You'd think it would be this simple, or close.  But it isn't.  Nothing
ever seems to be these days :-(

Take a look at the code, in src/compose.c.  By the time we know the
presence or otherwise of List-Post, we're hell-bent on creating a reply:
the reply widget already exists, and none of the functions on the stack
back to where we can clean up returns a meaningful status.  They're all
just void.

So, this would take some refactoring, and that's more than I'm able to
invest right now.  I'll have to leave it to someone more motivated.  As
a way to deal with the situation when in the user's seat, I added
List-Post to the set of visible headers in my message pane.