[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Tue Jan 27 19:16:20 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:17:11 +0100,
Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

Ralf> Claws invokes mailing list replies by the "Reply" and not the
Ralf> "All" button.

Ralf> So the minor issue is, that the "Reply to mailing list button",
Ralf> IOW the "Reply" button doesn't work in this case. For MUAs that
Ralf> use the "All" (Group reply) button to reply to mailing lists, the
Ralf> mails still are send to the mailing list too.

One reason people may have trouble understanding you and reconciling
your descriptions with their own experience is that you formulate
everything in terms of "buttons".  Many claws users prefer the menu
items or their keyboard shortcuts to the toolbar.  I, for example, don't
even have the toolbar displayed, as I see it as uselessly taking screen
real estate that can house pieces of the summary and folder tree.

When I consider your description in terms of menu items, it is simply
false: there are separate "Reply" and "Reply to mailing list" items,
each potentially with its own keyboard shortcut.