[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:34:51 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:15:31 +0000, Paul wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:37:57 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> > my mailman setting enables this option:
> >
> > "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
>
> Maybe you should tell the Mailman devs about your thoughts on this
> Mailman feature.

I welcome this feature. Not mailman is broken, Claws just has got an
issue because it's unable to handle it, so I guess I should address my
complain to Claws and not to mailman. Other MUAs are able to handle it
with horse-sense. It's not a question about what way is the correct
way or better way. It's very simple, Claws user mailing list does use
mailman, but can't handle mailman mailing list replies as soon as
somebody (me) enables not to receive duplicated mails, if somebody send
TO me and CC's to the list.

Retrospectively I wasn't hostile, I just asked the OP to send to the
mailing list and mentioned that Claws is unable to handle this kind of
mails, when using the "Reply to mailing list" button. Actually some
members from this community misunderstood me and were hostile against
me.

No matter how you look at it, I pointed out an issue, the OP understand
it and replies to the mailing list now, but the community tries to put
the blame on me and/or mailman.

It's that simple, we should not reply to somebody directly, we just
should reply to the mailing list. (And perhaps, just perhaps, Claws
should be able to handle such TO/CC situations as other MUAs do.)