[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 27 09:37:57 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:30:30 +0000, Paul wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:58:24 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We can not simply
> > push one button for all mailing list mails.
>
> If standard mailing list headers are present in the message that you
> are replying to, yes you can.

Again ;)

my mailman setting enables this option:

"Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No
to receive copies.

If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect to
receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header added
to it."

I only received the OP Paul's mail send "TO" me and "CC"ed to the
mailing list. I never received a duplicated copy from the mailing list.

If I push the "Reply" button, the mail won't be send to the mailing
list, while Configuration > Preferences... > Writing > Reply button
invokes mailing list reply is checked.

Since other MUAs sometimes use the "All" button to invoke mailing list
replies, it does work with those MUAs.

Regards,
Ralf