[Users] To queue, or not to queue was: Re: Error while sending....

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Jan 26 17:27:00 CET 2015

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:36:33 -0500,
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

I'll let this thread die because it's drifting uncontrollably OT, but
I'll just react to this bit:

> sendmail is an MTA which is often replaced by postfix nowadays.

~$ ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Jul 23  2014 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> exim4

I'm sure a system with postfix does the same thing.  Among other
reasons, because:

> unreasonable for an MUA to expect/require a local MTA.

How does a system without sendmail or a compatible replacement get mail
from cron?