[Users] Mailing list replies - Was: Error while sending....

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:57:46 CET 2015

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:14:10 +0100, Slavko wrote:
> It works as Paul described with this mail and another mails too for me
> and for years.

Hi Slavko,

for mails send TO you and CC to the list it only works, if you have
disabled

"Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing
list. Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list;
select No to receive copies.

If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect to
receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header
added to it."

by your mailman settings, so that you can reply to the
duplicated message sent from the list. I've got it enabled, because I
dislike to receive duplicated messages. It also doesn't work, if a
sender does use an Reply-To entry.

That isn't bad per se, since it can be useful, if people aren't
subscribed to open mailing lists and want to get replies directly,
instead from the mailing list.

My intention wasn't to sound aggressive, I just wanted friendly
point out, that it's better to send TO the mailing list, instead of
sending to a person directly.

Hopefully you understand me now. And again, English isn't my native
language, please assume that my intention wasn't to be hostile.

Regards,
Ralf