[Users] Unable to send email using claws mail, fedora 20

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Jan 25 17:32:24 CET 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:30:03 +0100,
Michael Schwendt <bugreporter at abwesend.de> wrote:

Andrej> From the available data, it looks like this is a server
Andrej> issue. There is no way a server can not understand "AUTH"
Andrej> command after it told the client that it supports
Andrej> authentication.

Michael> Agreed. One can clearly see that the server responds to "AUTH
Michael> LOGIN" in the working case. And if it once did and later
Michael> doesn't, it's a server issue:

FWIW, I always configure claws to talk to the SMTP server on 127.0.0.1
(exim in my case) and I configure _that_ to talk to the outside world.
One job done well, and so on.  And if something is broken, I have the
exim logs which I trust much better than the claws log.