[Users] Unable to send email using claws mail, fedora 20

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sun Jan 25 09:55:16 CET 2015

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:15:12 -0600
webreg.claws-mail.org at panscend.com wrote:

> No anti-virus installed on the Linux box. It's new set up and I'm
> still playing with the bits and pieces, so I don't really care as
> eventually I'm re-installing everything. The reason I mentioned that
> the Windows system worked (which does have AV on it) is that when it
> worked I copied those same settings back to the LInux trials of the 3
> versions I mentioned (just to make sure).
>
> I've gone back and tried the STARTTLS setting again ( I had I think,
> but what the heck). No difference.

Hi, sorry, I must have misunderstood - I thought the log excerpt was
from a Windows box. Nevermind about the antivirus bit then. :)

From the available data, it looks like this is a server issue. There
is no way a server can not understand "AUTH" command after it told
the client that it supports authentication. Can you get someone to look
at the server logs?

--
Andrej