[Users] Unable to send email using claws mail, fedora 20

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sun Jan 25 01:30:30 CET 2015

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:56:54 -0600
webreg.claws-mail.org at panscend.com wrote:

> I was trying out Claws Mail for the first time and haven't had very
> good luck, but I do have some information that might help someone
> point me in the right direction.
>
> I installed claws-mail on Fedora 20 using yum, got the version
> 3.11.1-2. Could get it to send mail. I have a copy of the network log
> in a pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/19wtmK5a

Hi,

from the log, it seems that server is advertising that it supports two
authentication methods, but when Claws Mail correctly requests
authentication, it acts like it does not know what that means. That is
certainly odd.

The only semi-relevant clue[1] I found on the web was that maybe an
antivirus software is intercepting your connection, perhaps trying to
scan outgoing mail. I suggest enabling TLS (encryption) for the account
in Claws Mail, or disabling the antivirus you are using for a few
moments, to test e-mail sending.

1. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/exim/users/2773

Regards,
--