[Users] Unable to send email using claws mail, fedora 20

webreg.claws-mail.org at panscend.com webreg.claws-mail.org at panscend.com
Sun Jan 25 00:56:54 CET 2015

I was trying out Claws Mail for the first time and haven't had very good
luck, but I do have some information that might help someone point me in
the right direction.

I installed claws-mail on Fedora 20 using yum, got the version 3.11.1-2.
Could get it to send mail. I have a copy of the network log in a
pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/19wtmK5a

I've taken the liberty of removing some identifying info. We can talk
about missing pieces if someone thinks they need a missing piece.

Since I had no luck with this over the course of 2 hours, I went off and
installed Claws Mail on Windows 7, Claws Mail version 3.10.1 from the
link on your website. That worked quite well (limited test, but I got an
email out). Here's a pastebin of that network log as well, just for your
comparison with the linux log, http://pastebin.com/im3eFe55

I also went to the Fedora package pages for claws-mail (
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/claws-mail/ ) and tried the
3.11.1-3 version and the older 3.10.1-1 version. These did virtually the
same thing as the 3.11.1-2 that I started with.

The IMAP receiving mail part appeared to be fine in all these cases.

Thanks,

Mac