[Users] place reply in folder of message being replied to?

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 20:36:54 CET 2015

On 17/01/15 12:49, Paul wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:29:00 +0100
> "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately you'll have to do this each and every time you reply
>> to a message. Maybe you could bcc to an unused address used only
>> for this purpose and then use filtering to move that message to the
>> correct folder.
>
> I think you're missing the point. There is a folder preference where
> you can take the option to save sent messages to the current folder.
> You would have set this because this is the behaviour that you want.
> However, maybe once in a while you compose a new message whilst in
> this folder and, just this once, you don't want to save the sent
> message to this folder. Therefore, as I said, you can change the
> folder to save the Sent mail 'on-the-fly' in the Compose window.

Yes, I certainly missed the point. Sorry for the noise.

> If you really had to do this every time, as you said, then you would
> just unset the folder preference.
>
> BTW, please don't send mail to me /and/ the list, just the list is
> fine.

And sorry again that I sent the mail to you. That was a mistake. And the message
went out twice because I received an error message saying the mail was not sent,
so I corrected the error and resent it.

Suppose I have a lot to apologise. Not my day :-)

--
Erik