[Users] place reply in folder of message being replied to?

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Sat Jan 17 00:34:58 CET 2015

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 22:34:40 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:28:24 -0500
> <hawking at bitmessage.ch> wrote:
>
> Hello hawking at bitmessage.ch,
>
> >Does anyone have a good trick configuration for placing the sent
> >message for any particular reply in the same folder as the original
> >message?
>
> Right click folder, select Properties and then Compose.  Select "save
> copy of outgoing message in  this folder instead of Sent".
>
> If I understand your request, that should do what you want.

I use this all the time, for some mailing lists, which I place in
their own folders.

The only issue I have with it is when I happen to have that folder open
and I decide to compose an unrelated message.  That message ends up
in the folder, rather than Sent, even though it's not related to any
messages in the folder.

It would be nice if the option were, "Save copies of replies to
messages in this folder, in this folder instead of Sent."  Then it
would leave alone any messages I compose when I happen to be sitting in
that folder.

Mind you, it's easy enough to avoid the issue by being aware of which
folder I'm in.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company