[Users] windows address book -wab

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Jan 14 02:26:34 CET 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:41:37 -0500
Helmut J Hings <helmut.hings at videotron.ca> wrote:

> The Claws Mail will be of interest and use to myself only, if I am able to import the wab addresses I still retain from Outlook Express. I am not a little surprised that the Claws manual refers only to some formats I had never encountered before and one reference to CSV data appeared with a GZIP zipped extension that so far I have not been able to open. I have tried some so-called free downloads that did not charge directly, but came with a load of baggage that I did not consider to accept. Any assistance/suggestion out there?  Thank you  Helmut JH

export from outlook express:
Exporting Address Books or Business Cards

To export an address book or business card from Outlook Express to
another e-mail program, follow these steps in Outlook Express: On the
Tools menu, click Address Book. On the File menu, point to Export, and
then click Address Book or Business Card (vcard). If you are exporting
an address book, click the address book you want to export, click
Export, and then proceed through the wizard. If you are exporting a
business card, locate and click the .vcf file you want to export, and
then click Save.

The use this resource to convert to exported vcf file to either LDIF
(Import to LDAP server) or CSV. http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Reader, suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of
Congress.  But I repeat myself.
		-- Mark Twain