[Users] setup accounts/folders

waltz at krutt.org waltz at krutt.org
Fri Jan 9 22:38:59 CET 2015

I am having trouble to set up accounts and folders:

Accounts are going into the "Home" directory by default (It feels
forced; abandoning my initial impulse to put them in Docs).  Can I
put them in a common folder ("Mail" or "Claws Mail" perhaps)?  I
can't get control of the account/folder      tree for initial setup.

Un-installed and re-installed Claws, but it loads with two accounts
created previously.  The "Mail" folder in the Nemo file manager (Mint
17, Cinamon) has sent, inbox, trash, queue, draft (all empty) and two
recursive mail folders with some emails.  Inside Claws "Mail" lists
as "Mailbox (MH)".  Ok, so I should rename Mail to Mailbox,
right?  One of the mail folders is reproduced parallel to "Mailbox
(MH)" with the mail subfolders and those emails in the inbox:  "my
folder (MH)".  "(MH)" does not show in Nemo.

One account does not yet have mail or a designated folder(s).  The
default inbox is:  #mh/my folder/inbox , but I can't get control to
put it where I would want.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.