[Users] Migrating from Thunderbird

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Fri Feb 27 12:27:10 CET 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:40:04 -0800
Reply here <netbar2014 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have finally decided, after years, to migrate to Claws Mail (the
> best email client there is :).
>
> Is
>  there any easy-to-follow step-by-step guide about migrating from
> Thunderbird (on Windows) to Claws Mail? I will  need to move all the
> emails and accounts, of course.
>
> Thanks

It's a long time since I've looked at Thunderbird, but I'll give it a
shot.

First off, do you use POP3 or IMAP? I'll guess POP3, since you mention
wanting to move all your mail. If you use IMAP then the mail is already
on the server, and you shouldn't need to do anything. If it's POP3,
then look for a setting such as "Export to mbox", this is a format that
Claws can import.

As for account settings, you need to enter those again. AFAIK, there is
no way to export them to some format and import into Claws.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"