[Users] Cygwin port - Was: Cygwin-based CM on Windows

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:01:35 CET 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:31:09 -0800, Reply here wrote:
>Using Cygwin turns out to be much more complicate than I thought. I
>think I'll stick with the Windows binaries. By the way, couldn't you
>provide an up-to-date Windows binary? Thanks

Is it really possible to run a Linux version on Windows, without
running Linux in a VM, but just using Cygwin? JFTR the Cygwin port link
on http://www.claws-mail.org/downloads.php?section=downloads is a dead
link, "550 /pub/cygwinports/release/GNOME/: No such file or directory".

I found this Cygwinport
http://artfiles.org/cygwin.org/pub/cygwinports/x86/release/claws-mail/
providing
http://artfiles.org/cygwin.org/pub/cygwinports/x86/release/claws-mail/claws-mail-3.11.1-2.tar.xz

--
"We believe in the synergies that develop from several relations. So,
livestock, crop production, energy production, and aquaculture energize