[Users] CardDAV address book support

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Mon Feb 16 17:11:26 CET 2015

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:52:17 +0100 Andreas Fink <finkandreas at web.de> wrote:

> This might be not the solution you're looking for, but this is my setup:
> I have written myself an addressbook in python. This addressbook supports
> to sync with a carddav server (I am using it with an owncloud server).
> The sync happens regularly with a cron job, and after the sync a vcf-file
> is written. Claws-Mail is reading from this vcf-file its addresses

Yes, this is a way to work around Claws limitations.

I have a similar setup.
I maintain my contacts in a DAViCal server with InfCloud as front-end.
A small cron job periodically expors the contacts into a VCF file that is
read by Claws.

It works, but it is one-way only. And not really elegant...

-- Johan