[Users] Question regarding Claws and GTK

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sun Feb 15 01:41:47 CET 2015

Hello,

I tried what you suggested. I created a .gtkrc-2.0 in my $HOMEDIR, with :

include "/usr/share/themes/Industrial/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

style "user-font"
{
        font_name="Sans Serif"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"

gtk-theme-name="Industrial"
gtk-font-name="Sans Serif 15"

but this is not changing anything, event after a restart of the application.

What's even more strange: changing theme has no effect ! The icons are not
affected, and I keep seeing the default ones :(

Never had such a problem before with my 3.11.1 on Fedora19. Is this a know
issue with Fedora21 ?

Paul

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 00:47:05 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC I fixed font size issues for GTK2 apps using gtk2_prefs, but
> perhaps I did something else. To write a .gtkrc-2.0 just an editor is
> needed ;).
>
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi gtk2_prefs
> Name           : gtk2_prefs
> Version        : 0.4.1-4
> Description    : A GTK2 theme selector and font switcher
> Architecture   : x86_64
> URL            :
> http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/en/Gtk2Prefs [snip]
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat .gtkrc-2.0
> # Auto-written by gtk2_prefs. Do not edit.
>
> gtk-theme-name = "Adwaita"
> style "user-font"
> {
> 	font_name="FreeSans 12"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "user-font"

TelcoTV Awards 2011 - Witbe winner in "Innovation in Test & Measurement"

Paul Rolland                                E-Mail : rol(at)witbe.net
CTO - Witbe.net SA                          Tel. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 77
Les Collines de l'Arche                     Fax. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 99
F-92057 Paris La Defense                    RIPE : PR12-RIPE

LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulrolland
Skype    : rollandpaul

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation