[Users] Annoyance: Claws "fetching" gmail in synchronized, downloaded folders

Victoria Stuart (gmail1) victoria.a.stuart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:40:17 CET 2015

users at lists.claws-mail.org

Tue Feb 10, 2015

Hello: Can someone please address this issue?  I use Gmail (IMAP) but I also prefer to keep a local copy of all my mail on my home computer (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS).  I have both downloaded all messages and synchronized my mail folders (Properties ...) in Claws Mail (version 3.9.3), and it appears that the messages are in present in my mail folder on my hard drive (/home/victoria/claws-mail/imapcache/imap.gmail.com/...), but when I click on a Claws) a folder that hasn't been opened in some time, it proceeds to "fetch" those messages -- which can take some time in folders with a lot of messages (e.g., 100's).

Is there a way to force Claws to recursively "fetch" all of my Gmail messages, so that when working and I go into any such folder (Claws), that I am not delayed, waiting for Claws to fetch the contents of that folder(s)?

Thanks, appreciated ...