[Users] reply-to-list annoyance

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:44:52 CET 2015

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 17:34:06 +0100, Michael wrote:
> I think that if someone adds CCs, then list replies (by MUA) should
> keep those CCs. But im not sure what mailman does with it.

That is done, if reply to mailing list is invoked by "All" instead of
"Reply", when replying to the message without the List-Id, instead of
replying to the duplicate with the List-Id. I never experienced a
drawback when using a MUA doing it that way.

Mailman does nothing with it, mailman does keep the CCs and it forwards
through the list or not depending to the user's mailman preferences. It
seems to be that very seldom mailman lists can have unusual settings,
such as not allow cross posting to several mailing lists, perhaps some
admins use different additional software.