[Users] Move to trash repositions the cursor to an earlier email

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Dec 23 07:12:50 CET 2015

Hi all,

I'm using Claws 3.13.1 on Void Linux. I've always set my deletions so
"Move to trash" marks the email I move to trash as deleted (with the
tiny x on the left) but leaves it there. I've always used the d key to
move to trash. And until today, when I pressed d, the highlight always
moved down to the next message.

Today, for some reason, Claws-mail started performing differently.
Pressing d (or menu selecting message->move_to_trash) marked the email,
but then went to an earlier email --- the next earliest one not already
moved to trash.

This makes it *extremely* inconvenient to delete messages (and let's
face it, most messages need deleting). Instead of repeatedly reading
the subject, pressing d, and being ready to do the same thing on the
next later message, the highlight jumps up, sometimes many (already
deleted) messages up, so that I have to grab the mouse and reposition
to where the next message is. This changes deletion from a 1/2 second
activity per message to 5 seconds per message.

This may have started happening when I updated my software, or it may
have happened later than that, when I rebooted my computer (that's when
I noticed it).

I have no idea how to start narrowing this down to the root cause. Has
anyone seen this symptom before?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist