[Users] problem with PGP/MIME when receiving emails from Apple Mail/gpgmail

startx startx at plentyfact.org
Wed Aug 26 17:27:38 CEST 2015

Hello.

I am using claws-mail version 3.8.1 ( from debian wheezy ) with gpgmime
plugin. This generally works very well, both for encrypting/decrypting
and signatures.

However, when i receive PGP/MIME messages from Apple Mail/gpgmail Users
the GPG plugin does not recognize those and does not offer me the
chance to decrypt within claws mail.

I looked at the headers and it seems that those mail have content-type
"multipart/mixed". When i open the emails i see only two attachments:

[PGPMIME Versions Identification  application/pgp-encrypted (21 bytes)]

[encrypted.asc  application/octet-stream (5605 bytes)]

The latter being the message of course.
Sending emails to those users works fine.

Is there any trick i can use on my site to get claws-mail to recognize
those mails as PGP/MIME automatically? Is this a known issue? ( i
could not find anything claws specific online)

Thanks,

startx