[Users] Unable to connect to Riseup pop server

sdfg16_10map at riseup.net sdfg16_10map at riseup.net
Fri Aug 21 02:36:40 CEST 2015

Initially I had a problem with the smtp server, and received this
advice:

--- Comment #1 from Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> ---
upgrade to the latest release, here: http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/
If you still get the problem, use the users' mailing list or IRC to
discuss it.
http://www.claws-mail.org/MLs.php

I installed Claws 3.12.0 and the wizard told me there would be no
problem overwriting the existing version (3.9.1). The installation
appeared to go smoothly. But when I clicked on 'configuration', windows
told me Claws had stopped working. I tried this a few times and the
result has always been the same. I reverted to 3.9.1, but the attempted
connection to the riseup pop3 server simply times out repeatedly. This
happens whether I use a VPN or not.

I have also previously had the error 'unknown host' when trying to
connect to the pop server, and received this advice:

Your computer's networking configuration is broken, if name resolution
doesn't
work. You need to fix it. It's not a problem in Claws Mail.

I looked at that but I couldn't find anything wrong with my computer
settings (I am by no means an expert). Also, the client settings are
always the same, so I am very confused that the error messages appear to
vary.

Please please help I am so frustrated!I really need to get this working!