[Users] Win 8 Crash

Mike Miskulin mike.miskulin at leadingordersolutions.com
Thu Aug 13 16:21:42 CEST 2015

Hello,

Checking in and saw that an updated Claws was out for windows that
should solve all the ssl stuff.  Was very excited to try Claws again but
unfortunately all did not go well.  Program crashes in at least two
circumstances: 1) configuration/edit accounts (or for current account)
and 2) attempting to reply or forward a message.

Checking logs I see this:

Faulting application name: claws-mail.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
0x00000000
Faulting module name: libstdc++-6.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
0x507a4a94
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00048c49
Faulting process id: 0x11c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d5d2956763de
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\Claws
Mail\claws-mail.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
2.9\miktex\bin\x64\libstdc++-6.dll
Report Id: eeee8df4-41c5-11e5-bf74-8d3b88a74caf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is on an intel xeon win 8.1 machine

I'm a bit baffled by the reference to libstdc++ in the Miktex path?
(likewise the claws-mail.exe version 0.0.0.0 but...)

I'm thinking this is probably some type of configuration conflict that
is (hopefully) easy to solve? If not, I can file a formal bug report.

Best