[Users] Wtf?! Claws doesn't find my accounts anymore!

Ralf Hutter rhutter at posteo.de
Thu Aug 6 00:05:51 CEST 2015

Am Wed, 5 Aug 2015 12:53:38 -0700
schrieb Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com>:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 17:06:09 +0200
> Ralf Hutter <rhutter at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> > Ok, Claws is back, at least with one of my two IMAP-accounts. Thanks
> > to michael and ralf, because
> > sudo chown -R foo:foo /home/foo/.claws-mail/
> > did help.
> > Before, many permissions in .claws-mail were for root, now they are
> > all for my personal account.
> > But i don't understand the command
> > sudo chown -R foo:foo /home/foo/NameOfTheMH/
> > because that doesn't seem to be a path to a mail account. Could a
> > command like that help to get back the missing mail account whose
> > data is still listed in the subfolders of .claws-mail?
>
> You could use the find command to see if there are other files in your
> home directory that you don't own:
>
> find /home/foo -not -user foo
>
> If you don't have find, you may have to install the findutils
> package... or whatever the package is called on your flavour of
> linux... :-/
>
> Then, run sudo chown -R foo:foo on each of the directories or files it
> finds.
>
> Or, this command should fix it all in one step:
>
> find /home/foo -not -user foo -exec sudo chown -R foo:foo {} \;
>
> But you should run the first one first anyway, so you know that's what
> the problem is.

Thank you, but ownership doesn't seem to be the problem. The only file
in /home not owned by me is .cache/dconf/user
I was already missing this one mailbox before the problem with
ownership arose.
I find data about this account in the folders cert, imapcache and
tagsdb, but not in the files accountrc, folderitemrc and folderlist.xml
Ralf