[Users] Wtf?! Claws doesn't find my accounts anymore!

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:30:39 CEST 2015

Hi Ralf,

I noticed that you sent your reply off-list, but since there's no
confidential information, I'll send my reply to the mailing list.
I'm short in time. I'm not all-knowing.

If I have more time, we could write off-list in German too, but I can't
do it at the moment.

On Wed, 05 Aug 2015 10:54:47 +0200, Ralf Hutter wrote:
>I've got the files listed. Some of them appear in blue. They belong to
>my user account.

Most likely blue is for directories. What are the

drwxr-xr-x
^ d is for directory

drwxr-xr-x
 ^^^ rwx are the mode of the owner permission, the other permissions
     aren't important, the x option is unimportant for the files, but
     needed for directories r is for read, w is for write and some
     files need a x to be executable, but it's unneeded for data

-rw-
^ - is for file

>Yesterday i did do something with sudo and maybe that causes a
>problem. But the before already one of my email-accounts had vanished
>and i don't remember having done something with sudo. Could it have
>been a problem that the battery power was gone and the computer went
>out without shutting down?

We need more information. Wasn't a fsck automatically executed at
startup?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=fsck+at+startup
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=linux+stromausfall+fsck

>Anyway, i don't understand what you mean by NameOfTheMH.

"[...]
Mail received from a POP3 account will be stored in an MH mailbox in
the folder tree.
[...]
When you create an IMAP account an IMAP mailbox is created for it in
the folder tree.
[...]" - http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html

>And what is top-posting?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=top-posting

It could help much, if you would take a look into ~/.xsession-errors
and post output that is related to claws.

You should launch claws in a terminal emulation by executing

  LANG=C claws-mail

and post the output.

Assumed the output is very long, use something similar to
http://pastebin.com/ and post the link.

Regards,
Ralf