[Users] Wtf?! Claws doesn't find my accounts anymore!

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:29:54 CEST 2015

On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 02:57:31 +0200, Michael wrote:
>maybe you should've told him just
> sudo chown -R Ralf:Ralf /home/Ralf (in case the username is 'Ralf')

That most likely is ok, but it's better to run

sudo chown -R  foo:foo /home/foo/.claws-mail/
sudo chown -R  foo:foo /home/foo/NameOfTheMH/

Assumed the username is 'foo'.

I suspect an owner problem, since a mod or attr would affect root
privileges too, but I dislike to chown without ls first. You never
know.

I'm at least not sure if
$ sudo ls ~
always is /home/foo/ or on some installs could be /root/,
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2015-July/281696.html .

Regards,
Ralf

--
version 3.12.0-43-g278084-dirty
It's hard to resist to replace 'dirty' with 'hotanddirty'.