[Users] using webkit-gtk3

Salvatore De Paolis iwkse at claws-mail.org
Thu Apr 30 18:08:18 CEST 2015

Hi Jerry,

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:42:13 -0400
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> Interesting, I was not aware of that. As with everything in life, the old is
> depreciated by the new. Are there any plans to update/rewrite claws-mail and
> its associated software for webkit-gtk3 usability in the future? At some
> point it will inevitable become necessary.

I don't think so, IMHO. I hope there will be a fork for GTK2 instead (it seems it will be
deprecated) because it really sucks.
Some projects even moved from GTK to QT because of GTK3 and this is sad. Personally
I'm not in favor of QT (mainly because it's C++) but GTK3 really challenges my taste.

Regards

--
Salvatore