[Users] tempfolder 'processing' files

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue Apr 28 15:55:28 CEST 2015

ok, i don't know what might have upset claws yesterday, but today, the symlinked folder is used. So this part works as expected.

> They are normally cleaned on exit.

But they aren't. for me.

I can reproduce it everytime: I see the image files appear when opening attachments, but not disappear after claws 'quit'.

claws version 3.11.1 / debian 'testing' / Windowmaker desktop (no Gnome session) / using geeqie image viewer

>  You probably had an unclean quit about 2 years ago

Hmm, the files were from different years, not just from 2 y ago. So it was like that all the time.

Just out of curiosity, it appears the processing-xy numbers are not mail file numbers, as i first assumed. So how come ?

I'm asking because i can see three different processing folders right now (after a fresh clean start with empty tempfolder) but only number 9 is used right now. I'm wondering how the others come to exist.

~/.claws-mail mi: ls -1 tempfolder
draft
inbox
processing-29