[Users] Make "Go to Next Unread Message" skip accounts/folders

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Apr 21 23:39:46 CEST 2015

On Apr 15, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Andreas Ronnquist wrote:

>As the subject - It could be nice to have the possibility to customize
>which accounts or folders that "Go to Next unread message" steps through
>and does its checks on.

Oh gosh, +1!

For my Gmane account, I want it to step through all subscribed newsgroups.
For my IMAP accounts, I want it to stop after the INBOX, and not descend into
subfolders.

There's an additional related buglet which I haven't gotten around to
reporting.  Sometimes if you jump into another folder, the sorting column gets
cleared out when you return to INBOX.  It doesn't happen all the time and I
can't quite make it reproducible (hence the lack of bug report), but it's
really annoying when it happens, although easy to fix (just click back in the
sort column you want).

Cheers,
-Barry