[Users] Make "Go to Next Unread Message" skip accounts/folders

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Fri Apr 17 21:20:29 CEST 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 19:35:53 -0400
Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 18:56:26 -0400
> Michael A. Yetto wrote:
>
> > >Here's an idea...  a checkbox in global preferences like,
> > >
> > >"Next and Previous stop at account boundary"
> >
> > I would prefer to set a folder to be skipped rather than
> > stopping the scan altogether. This would be much like setting
> > "Get Mail" to receive or not receive messages for each account.
>
> For each folder you wish to skip right click on the folder and select
> "Properties", uncheck "Scan for new mail".
>
> Thereafter that folder will be skipped even if it contains new unread
> messages unless you manually select and enter that folder.

No, all of my folders (other than INBOX) have that unchecked, and they
all get visited by the prev/next navigation if they have unread
messages.

It would work the way you describe if the folders have new/unread mail
that Claws doesn't know about.  But that would only happen if you have
server-side filtering of messages into folders... and maybe only for
email (not RSS or newsgroups).

I'm pretty sure we'll need a new feature to solve this problem.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company