[Users] Claws Mail 3.11.1 Unleashed!!

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Oct 30 16:59:53 CET 2014

On Oct 30, 2014, at 12:09 PM, senex at drofle.co.uk wrote:

>This is an area where I am still puzzled sometimes. I am running
>version 3.10.1. The latest version is 3.11.1. Will this automatically
>upgrade soon or should I be doing something to get it? If I download
>the latest PPA and run it for example, will that find the old version
>and just upgrade, or is it more complicated than that?

So it looks like Debian unstable has CM 3.11.0 while Ubuntu 14.10 and 15.04
(Vivid Vervet) has 3.10.1.  Colin's PPA now has 3.11.1:

https://launchpad.net/~claws-mail/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

I'm not sure what the plans are for getting 3.11.1 into Debian given the
Jessie freeze, but Ubuntu carries some deltas over Debian so a sync needs to
be done to get that up-to-date w.r.t. Debian at least.

I'm generally just a consumer of CM on both distros, but I'll put out a
standing offer to help with sync or uploads, as I'm both a DD and an Ubuntu
core-dev, and of course a big fan of CM.

Cheers,
-Barry