[Users] Claws Mail 3.11.0 unleashed!!

Eyolf Ă˜strem eyolf at oestrem.com
Tue Oct 28 13:55:47 CET 2014

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:26:22 +0000 <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:

> I have been watching this thread with interest. I am using version
> 3.10.1 now. I am fairly new to Claws and I am wondering if an update
> will just happen automatically or if I should be doing something
> myself. And, if so what?  Can anyone point me in the right direction
> please?

That depends on your platform/distro. If you're on Linux, the new version
should show up eventually in your distribution's package system - how quickly is
entirely up to your distro's admins/packagers. This is usually considered best
practice, since otherwise (e.g. if you build and install it yourself) you will
have program files spread out all over your system, and any updates will be a
potential pain.

If you're on windows or mac, on the other hand, you're on your own. :) Wait
for an official installer.

eyolf

--
Q:	What is purple and commutes?