[Users] Theme Contest 2014 unleashed!

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Oct 27 11:14:08 CET 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 02:30:53PM +1100, blind Pete wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:45:49 +0200
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

[…]
> >   http://www.claws-mail.org/theme-contest-2014.php
> >
> >   Happy theming!
>
> Is this the appropriate place to ask themeing questions?

If about the contest, sure :)

> Assuming it is;
>
> Does <http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Icon_Themes_Information>
> show the complete list of icons?  Why are "notice_error" and
> "notice_warn" blank?

Well, they probably got missing somehow. That page is informative,
the authoritative list of icons is on sources, of course, and these
you refer are there:

http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=tree;f=src/pixmaps

> Do all icons have a standard size, some are
> listed, some are not.  I have designed an approximately double
> size set that suits me.

We're trying to replace current set, so it must fit in. Doubling
the size, while useful for some, it's not suitable for a default.

Said that, it could be (I don't know), that some icon could fit
_better than current_ in the UI if slightly expanded or shrinked
1 or 2 pixels in some direction. If somebody finds that I think
those changes would be acceptable, just write a note in an
accompanying README explaining icon.xpm is now XxY size because…

But in principle new icon sizes must match current icon sizes to
ease replacement as much as possible.

> Why do you prefer xpm to png?  Is it so that
> icons can be included as "code"?

Exactly, as they currently are.

> Which xpm version do you like?  There
> seem to be a few versions.  Many many more questions to come.

With the version used in source code :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_PixMap#XPM3

I've updated contest page with links to this and the full icon list
in sources, thanks!
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~