[Users] Claws Mail 3.11.0 unleashed!!

ENI info at endeavor-networks.com
Tue Oct 21 17:48:31 CEST 2014

> Given the problems reported in the other subthread I'd like to be
> completely sure my connection won't break before I upgrade.
>
> Is there any way of seeing what SSL protocol and cipher claws
> negotiates with the IMAP server?  I tried looking in the network log
> and the debug output, both without luck.

Ian:

Wireshark (www.wireshark.org) will show you exactly what is happening
on the wire, and answer your questions about the security parameters
negotiated with the server.

There are so many situations (CM, Non-CM) where even a modest
proficiency with Wireshark will enable you to diagnose issues quickly.

Although the "gnutls-cli" utility (gnutls.org) won't confirm what
security parameters CM is negotiating, it can be used to determine the
capabilities of the server.

E.g.:

prompt >gnutls-cli -p 995 mail_server's_name

... produced the following redacted CLI output:

- Session ID: <redacted>
- Version: TLS1.2
- Key Exchange: RSA
- Cipher: AES-256-CBC
- MAC: SHA256
- Compression: NULL

... and confirmed for us that our POP3S server supported TLS1.2.

Regards,
ENI