[Users] new mail notification suddenly changes -- crawl across bottom of screen

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 15 15:46:46 CEST 2014

Hello, everyone.

I'm a bit behind and have not kept up as well as I should with recent
changes to claws-mail. But this one mystifies me.

Suddenly this morning every time I get new mail I get a message
(or messages) crawling across the bottom of the screen that says
"(number) new mail messages arrived."

I have not knowingly changed anything in claws-mail settings.

Presently in configuration I have the following preferences settings
ticked:

Banner
Show banner - never

Popup
Enable popup is **NOT** ticked

So I don't see where I have asked claws-mail to notify me with a
crawl across the bottom of the screen.

Is this something new to claws-mail that happened automatically without
my doing anything?

How can I get rid of the crawl?

Thanks!
Gil