[Users] Changing From for folders

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Wed Oct 8 18:48:40 CEST 2014

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:49:18 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have CM 3.10.1 with about 75 folders. For most folders, I have set
> the From in the template for that folder.
>
> So when I send an email from that folder, it has the correct From. The
> problem is the user is getting old and doesn't always pay attention,
> and he forgets to be in that folder when creating the email. So the
> email comes out with the 'wrong' From.
>
> Is there a way of assigning the From based on the destination domain?
> I would need to do that only for a dozen domains.

Don't recall seeing a way in claws-mail and hopefully there is a
convenient way but it is possible to rewrite the sender address based
on recipient address in postfix. It's not difficult but it's also not
too easy. IIRC, an example is in the postfix docs.

Trouble is, that just hides the problem. It may be more helpful, even if
annoying, to remind the user to use the correct sender address by using
postfix to instead reject mail if the wrong sender is used for any
particular recipient address. (That's how I would force myself to
remember to use the correct addresses.)

Or perhaps a claws plugin? (hint-hint)

jd