[Users] Using Variables when creating X- email headers in Claws Mail Program

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Nov 27 07:05:01 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:17:43 -0800,
Keith <kilowattradio at comcast.net> wrote:

Cc'ing the list, hope that's OK.  If you _really_ need a private reply,
there's still time to switch.

Keith> I need to add an X-whatever: headers to my emails that will list
Keith> the date and name of the From sender in it. I have tried using
Keith> $DATE and %d, but it doesn't work. Does any one know how to
Keith> accomplish this with CLAWS?

This question needs a bit more context.  At what point do you need to do
this?  Have the original meesages already been read?  In that case, the
From (the envelope address) may not even be available anymore.  Should
the modified message replace the original or be filed alongside with the
latter?  Or are you trying to send the modified message?

The solution, if any, will probably depend on the answers to these
questions.  Or maybe you could tell us what you're really trying to
accomplish, high level (that is, ask "smart").