[Users] Filter incoming messages by recipients

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:17:29 CET 2014

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:56:26 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:33:23 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> > header "X-Apparently-To" matchcase "foo at x.com" does work, but
> > header "To or Cc or X-Apparently-To" matchcase "foo at x.com" doesn't
> > work.
> >
> > So is there a way to get the wanted behaviour, without the need to
> > set up two filter rules?
>
> Seems that you're trying to write these rules by hand but getting the
> syntax wrong. Use the GUI to create the filter rules. Use 'To or CC'
> from the drop down list. If you that then you will have something
> like that:
>
> to_or_cc matchcase "foo at x.com" | header "X-Apparently-To" matchcase
> "foo at x.com"

No, Im using the GUI and what you recommend won't work, because "all" of
the additional other conditions need to fit, while "any" of the CC, To,
X-..." conditions needs to fit.

Anyway, my bad, I missed that I don't need to to filter "All" accounts,
but I can just use a "single" account instead.

I suspect one minor issue. It likely will work for incoming mails, but
if I apply the filter to mails that were received in the past, it likely
won't work, when selecting a "single" account.

I'll test ASAP and report back.