[Users] External editor?

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Nov 9 18:37:15 CET 2014

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 18:54:26 +1100,
blind Pete <peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au> wrote:

Pete> So, the drop down list should contain the lines;

> gvim "+set syntax=mail" '%s'
> emacs mode:claws-external %s
> xemacs mode:claws-external %s

No.  Emacs is not a clone of vi.  It doesn't support passing the mode on
the command line in the same way.  That's what I was trying to say with
my post.

The closest analogue would be something like

emacs --file %s --funcall claws-external-mode

but there are complications, particularly when one uses the emacs
server.  That's why I prefer the local variables trick instead.

Besides, claws-external-mode is something I wrote and haven't shared
with anyone (yet).

In summary, I don't think this is something that should be preset by
Claws.  There are too many different users, editors, and options.