[Users] How to add RSSyl plugin to 3.8.0?

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Fri Nov 7 18:10:41 CET 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 16:59:27 +0000
Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I've misunderstood the difficulty. None of the feeds are
> updating. Everything was OK in previous versions, so I thought that
> perhaps forcing an earlier version would correct the problem.
>
> Is that not the case? Will I still have the same problem in 3.8.0?

Well, if you (as you described in the other thread) went from older
Claws Mail to 3.11, and back, all your feeds are just gone (and their
folders demoted to "just a folder" status, with no feed URL attached).

If that is the case, your best bet is to just remove the whole "My
Feeds" folder tree, removing ~/.claws-mail/RSSyl folder (since the
failed migration might have left some unused files or directories which
could get in the way), adding a new RSSyl tree (via File->Add mailbox),
and resubscribing all your feeds anew.

By the way, you would have to do that even if you went back to 3.8.0.

If you have backups of your home directory, try looking
for .claws-mail/RSSyl/rssyl-feedlist.opml file which would contain
your entire feed list, including folder structure. You could then just
import that to RSSyl.

--
Andrej