[Users] 3.11.1 new feeds not marked or appearing

Cliff Laine clifflaine at europe.com
Thu Nov 6 11:48:25 CET 2014

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:02:06 +0000
Graham P Davis <newsboy at scarlet-jade.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 19:36:43 +0000
> Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else found that updated newsfeeds fail to get picked up
> > by 3.11.1?
>
> Yes, I've got that as well. The problem seems to be related to a
> change in the storage of of the folders and feeds. Whereas - in Linux
> at any rate - in 3.10 the folders are in "~/.claws/RSSyl", in 3.11
> they are in  "~/.claws/RSSyl/My Feeds (RSSyl)". It seems that
> installing 3.11 results in a mixed system in which 3.11 doesn't work
> and, if you backtrack to 3.10, that will also fail to function in
> that the feeds will seem to be empty as well as not updating.

Yes -- I have an extra folder, but there's nothing in ~./claws/Rssyl/My
Feeds (RSSyl)/FEEDS

I tried forcing Claws back to an earlier version but it won't let me
install the rssyl plugin relating to that earlier version.

Does anyone know how we can get feeds working properly in 3.11? I've
tried Graham's solution above but it doesn't work here.

Cliff
CM 3.11.1 / Elementary OS "Luna"