[Users] X-Mailer information

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:10:00 CET 2014

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 11:02:25 +0100
Michael Schwendt <bugreporter at abwesend.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:43:00 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > If I would overwrite it (I already was aware about this option), is
> > there a variable or command I can use to get the current version of
> > Claws and GTK2? I don't want to edit it each time upstream releases
> > a new version, since my distro does follow upstream.
>
> With a bit of fantasy, you could create a shell script that determines
> the version by looking at library file names or SONAMEs. Plus, you
> could retrieve the versions like this:
>
>   $ pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
>   2.24.25
>   $ claws-mail --version
>   Claws Mail version 3.10.1

Sure, I also could run

$ pacman -Q gtk2 claws-mail
gtk2 2.24.25-1
claws-mail 3.11.0-2

;)

but were can I set the X-Mailer info used by Claws to use a script ;).

I guess the correct answer already was given, it's a build option and
JFTR the maintainer of the distro I'm using isn't interested in
promotion for this distro. Assumed it would be important, then I could
compile myself, but since it's not important, just a minor cosmetic
issue, I'll live with that "cosmetic issue".

;)

Regards,
Ralf