[Users] OT: X-Mailer information

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:36:53 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 10:58:21 -0500
Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:
> In Claws under Configuration/Writing  check the box
> "Reply button invokes mailing list reply"

Hi Charles,

that was the setting I used before, but when I wanted to reply
privately, Claws wanted to send to the mailing list. This is a broken
behaviour by Claws. Evolution offers what's needed. Now I edited the
header manually. Again, please consider not to blame me for missing
functionality of Claws. I'm subscribed to several mailing lists were is
no tolerance for people who cause to send duplicated messages, endless
lines, HTML, broken threads. It wasn't my fault, Claws is unable to
provide what users need regarding to this issue. I still consider to
switch from Evolution to Claws for some reasons, but handling mailing
list replies and quoting code are week points of Claws, Evolution does
handle this much better. IMO the correct behaviour is to provide
options to replay to the list only, to reply to an OP only and to
reply to all. Claws seems not to provide this.

Regards,
Ralf