[Users] Spam Folder Best Practices

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Sat May 31 17:28:08 CEST 2014

Tim Zakharov a écrit :
> Okay, after noticing how much RAM SpamAssassin was using (over 100MB
> between spamd and child processes), and the 15 seconds per email it was
> taking to scan (according to the logs), I've switched to BogoFilter.
>
> I've noticed if I leave
> 'Configuration->Preferences->Plugins->BogoFilter->Save Spam In..'
> blank, it seems to send spam to that account's Trash.  But if I create
> a Spam folder in each account, I see no way to tell CM to send an
> account's spam to *that account's* spam folder.  Is there a way to do
> this, or is the preferred method to have a single spam folder for all
> accounts?  Or, just leave the 'Save Spam In...' field blank so it goes
> into that account's Trash...

Having many email accounts, I like the default of sending spam to the
trash of the related account.  Trash is usually otherwise mostly empty,
and spam is not a large portion of emails received.
(Even with email programs that let easily defining a separate spam
folder per account.)

That way email remains with account it is sent to, which makes it easier
to put it into the wanted folder.  (Filters automatically class my email
into many tens of folders.)
In my experience, many emails classed as spam are legitimate, although
most are indeed spam.

I just have to be vigilent to catch wanted emails automatically
classified as spam, before emptying each trash folder.

--
André