[Users] SpamAssassin configuration

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri May 30 09:15:38 CEST 2014

On Thu, 29 May 2014 21:35:11 -0500
Tim Zakharov <himemsys36 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Once the plugin is installed and enabled and spamd is verified
> working from /var/log/syslog, is this still necessary:
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_other_programs#How_can_I_use_Claws_Mail_with_SpamAssassin.3F
>
> Specifically, do I need to set up the Mark as S/Ham actions?

This says that the "simplest method is to use the SpamAssassin
plugin", which is what you are doing. It then goes on to describe the
alternative 'Filtering/Actions method', which you are not using.

> The reason I ask is, if the information in the link above was
> required or recommended for SpamAssassin core functionality, I
> would expect it to be on this page:
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Plugins#How_do_I_configure_SpamAssassin_and_the_SpamAssassin_plugin.3F
>
> I think it would be helpful for all SA configuration instructions
> to be in one place.

Not really. The former is about 'Using Claws Mail with other
programs' and the latter about 'Plugins'. So neither sets of
information belong in the other page.

Both methods both enable tying in SpamAssassin with Claws Mail. If
you want to learn more about SpamAssassin, try their website:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières