[Users] Claws-mail default icons.

Tom Holloway TomH_4mZ at ec.rr.com
Thu May 1 23:48:08 CEST 2014

I have been using Claws Mail for several years now and have been very
pleased with it. It's currently running on a Debian-based Linux box
using Openbox and LXPanel. Perhaps someone can help me with a question
about Claws' icons.

Most applications (including Claws) pull most of their icons from the
system theme. Some applications will use different icons in the LXPanel
"Task Bar (Window List)". By "Task Bar" (LXPanel's name for it) I don't
mean the system tray where the Claws notification SysTrayicon appears.
Task Bar icons appear when an application is running, and allow one to
control some things about the application window and close the
application.

Claws puts the standard Claws-Mail icon in the Task Bar, but it
appears nowhere else. It's a lovely icon, but doesn't really match the
system theme, and I'd like to see the system theme icon in the Task
Bar. Claws needn't pull the icon from the theme directory, I can
replace whatever icon Claws is using, but I can't find it.

The only Claws icons I can find are in /usr/share/pixmaps , but changing
them doesn't affect the Task Bar icon. I'm using a Claws theme, but
it's not coming from there. I don't see anything about icons (other than
the theme I'm using) in .claws-mail/clawsrc . I've googled the list
archives (and the web generally) but nothing helpful has turned up.

I went so far as to pull apart the *.deb that I installed, and there
are Claws logos in .xpm format in /src/pixmap , but not all of them are
in /usr/share/pixmaps and packaging/source are beyond my current
abilities anyway.

Can anyone tell me where Claws is getting the standard icon that it's
putting in the LXPanel Task Bar? It isn't hard-coded, is it?

Thanks,

Tom