[Users] Save copy of outgoing message to this folder instead of Sent

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu May 1 14:44:58 CEST 2014

On Thu, 1 May 2014 08:31:34 +0100 Paul wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:31:22 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> Before filing a bug, looking for comments first...
>>
>> I setup a new folder with:
>>  - Save copy of outgoing message to this folder instead of Sent
>>  - Default To address...
>> but did not select a Default account.
>>
>> from this folder, if I create a new message, and send it, it gets
>> saved in this folder. However, if I create a new message and change
>> the From: to a different account, the message gets saved in
>> Sent...  not where I was expecting it...
>>
>> Shouldn't the message be saved in this folder if there's no Default
>> account specified?
>>
>> What about if there is a Default account specified?
>
>This all works as intended.

Thanks for responding Paul.  I would agree when a Default account is
set on the folder; but here's my specifics...

Created a folder for sending print requests (flyers, reports, etc) to
OfficeMax.  However, depending on the entity making the request, I wish
to change the sending account for pickup/billing purposes.  I'd rather not
build a tree of OfficeMax folders for the occasional print job; but it
would be great if Save copy would respect that choice when there's no
Default account.

Testing reveals that if the account is selected before opening a compose
window, the message gets saved in the current folder regardless of which
sending account I use.

However, if the account is changed via From: it ends up in Sent. Also, if
I change From: to another account, then change it back to what it was when
I opened the compose window, it still ends up in Sent.  For completeness,
just clicking on From: without changing the account, the save occurs to
the current folder, not Sent.  So, merely changing From: during compose
overrides the Save copy selection.

Cheers,
Pierre